Sunday, November 13, 2011

Booty Calls and Spark!! Oh Yeah!

So, like I said in my last post I've actually been at this for about two weeks. And I'm still going strong. I started out just making a few small changes and then just adding more and more. I cut out the soda(AGAIN) and am mostly just drinking water, with a little bit of tea here and there and once in a while a V8 Fusion juice. I also still have my one cup of coffee in the morning. I then started trying to eat cleaner and fit more veggies and fruit into my day. I have been eating a LOT of good salads. Luckily I really love salad and veggies and fruit so it's not really a hardship. I also started to slowly add a little bit of exercise each day. I started with just a few squats or pushups here and there. And then started adding a few more exercises like leg lifts and situps and such. I would just do them in little spurts throughout the day. Then I started to add a little cardio on the treadmill. After a few days I decided I needed to track my eating, not so much to stay UNDER my Calorie counts but more to make sure I was getting ENOUGH Calories to support my new activity levels. I want to get healthy not necessarily skinny. So I went back to Sparkpeople.com to have a place I could keep track of everything I'm doing and see my progress. So far it's going well. I also have a few sites I like to go to, to keep me motivated and inspired and to get good info. My favorite right now is Tone it Up! with Karena and Katrina. OMG! These girls are just so darned cute and really encouraging. I love visiting their site and Facebook page daily. They have a LOT of good healthy eating tips and some GREAT workout videos that are FREE to use on their site! They have a thing called Booty Call where you are supposed to get in 30 minutes of Cardio right away in the morning as soon as you get up and then message them to let them know you did it. Today was my first BOOTY CALL! I've been doing my cardio in the evenings but decided to take their advice and do it this morning. I'll try again tomorrow....

I also like going to Tosca Reno's Clean Eating blog and her Facebook page to keep me on track and get more info on eating clean. All in all I'm feeling great and can't believe I never stuck with this before. I've always like exercising (don't know why I never keep it up) and love healthy foods(have no idea why I go back to junk!?)I really plan to stick it out this time. I don't know, something really feels different this time, like something really 'clicked"? So here's to a healthier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment